2018 Facility Tours*
Two sets of guided facility tours give attendees the chance to get up close and personal with membrane equipment and processes. Each tour will have its own bus and unique facility stops.
Tetra Pak Filtration Solutions
During the Tetra Pak facility tour, participants will see a demonstration of design and pre-project capabilities as well as manufacturing capabilities including:
- Cheese Brine UF Membrane Unit
- White water milk RO
- Milk UF Stages
- Whey RO and Polisher
- RO Polisher- functional and application description
- Short design application presentation to follow the tour
SUEZ Water Technologies & Solutions
SUEZ Water Technologies & Solutions’ Minnetonka facility manufactures a wide range of technologies and equipment for dairy, food, and beverage customers, as well as products that serve other markets such as power, mining, municipal and general industrial. The tour will focus on the production of membrane, spiral-wound elements and skid-mounted equipment fabrication capabilities. Tour highlights include:
- Information on the SUEZ Group, SUEZ’s Water Technologies & Solutions business and the Minnetonka facility and how it contributes to how SUEZ meets and exceeds customers’ challenges.
- Production of membrane elements from casting to rolling to finishing -- you’ll learn about the processes that make the Minnetonka facility the membrane center of excellence. We’ve invested in the facility and new casting lines to meet the needs of our customers now and in the future.
- Manufacturing of skid-mounted membrane equipment in one of the industry’s largest membrane equipment focused production areas. We perform nearly all the critical trades in the Minnetonka facility that are required to build membrane systems. We have carbon steel and stainless steel welders, experienced pipe fitters, instrumentation and controls experts, and experienced assemblers.
GEA Systems North America
During the facility tour, participants will rotate through three stations which will include:
- Introduction to GEA
Participants will be provided with an overview of the GEA Group including business areas, company structure, key technologies, and core competencies.
- Work Shop Facility
Participants will see industrial process plants in various stages of manufacturing and assembly. Plants may include large scale assemblies and complete skid assembled unit operations such as spray dryers, fluid bed dryers, evaporators, membrane filtration plants, and breweries to name a few.
- Pilot Plant Test Area
Participants will see a variety of membrane filtration pilot plants of various scale and membrane configurations and will be provided an introduction and short demonstration to pilot testing, and commercial process scale-up and design.
Ecolab Schuman Research & Development Center
Ecolab Schuman Research & Development Center is located in Eagan, MN. This campus also serves as Center-Of-Excellence (COE) for Clean-in-Place (CIP) technologies focusing on cutting edge innovation in the field of CIP. In addition to Research and Development, the Schuman Center also offers in-house capabilities for analytical and microbiology testing, and customer training.
During the tour, participants will have an opportunity to walk through Ecolab’s membrane lab and get an early peek at some of Ecolab’s newest membrane innovations. Throughout the tour, Ecolab experts will be accompanying you providing the opportunity to further your conversations regarding membranes and supporting technical services.
*Tour space is limited and additional fees apply. You must be a paid registrant to attend facility tours. No cross stops are allowed. If you are a direct competitor with one of the three companies on a particular tour, please do not sign up for that tour as each facility will have the opportunity to view the tour attendee list in advance and you may be asked to not attend.